The bay area is full of famous people visiting. Charles and Dia.. I mean the rotweiler, Dalai Lama and my friend PasiPorkka.
This would be a totally normal US news broadcast. The news here suck! They have a simple formula.
- Lots of local news like: Shark attacking surfboard
- Foreign news only if G W Bush is involved: The did cover the recent protest against the free trade negotiations. (News have not mentioned the french riots)
- Send your reporter onsite. Doesnt really matter if the school was burned down yesterday and its totally dark.
- Never interview experts. Instead interview stupid people. You get comments like: "damn its cold!" (news of winter coming to bay area).
- News must be 1 hour long and have several commercial breaks. Doesnt matter if nothing has happened.
- Place a threatening personal news to the end of the show that keeps people watching. "price of gasoline goes up. See how it affects your wallet."
Update: On todays news: "I am a dog photographer. Charles likes dogs, so I like to take a picture of him."